Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: **IMPORTANT!**  (Read 496 times)

Tom

• Station Manager
  • Administrator
  • Premium (92 Octane Rating)
  • Old headbangers never die, they just turn to mosh!
    • View Profile
    • fuel radio
    • Email
**IMPORTANT!**
« on: October 02, 2016, 07:16:58 AM »
Fuel Radio has changed from fuelradio.fm to fuelradio.net. This change is effective immediately. fuelradio.fm will redirect to fuelradio.net and then will be terminated by November 2017. Please change your bookmarks.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 05:06:18 AM by Tom »
“He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart”
-C.S. Lewis

Nathaniel

• Web Developer
  • Administrator
  • Keep Rockin' & God Bless!
    • View Profile
    • Dead To Self Radio
    • Email
Re: **IMPORTANT!**
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 10:26:57 AM »
The FuelRadio.fm name will be going away? Any particular reason?

It makes more sense to me to be known as FuelRadio.net than FuelRadio.fm since we're not a terrestrial station anyway, but of course, we've already built up the "dot fm" brandname for a while. I'm just curious if there are other factors.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:31:05 AM by Nathaniel »
Lift your worries up to Adonai; Everything in life depends on Adonai! - Adonai by Brian 'Head' Welch

Tom

• Station Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • fuel radio
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 11:27:06 AM »
HUGE price increase...
“He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart”
-C.S. Lewis

Nathaniel

• Web Developer
  • Administrator
  • Keep Rockin' & God Bless!
    • View Profile
    • Dead To Self Radio
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 09:56:07 PM »
I see the logo has been updated to begin the transition. Can you give us the approximate date that the FuelRadio.fm domain name will be dropped? Obviously all the t-shirts, flyers, and links around the internet will stop working after that, so we'll need to make sure we're getting the new domain name (and new email addresses) out there... probably along side the original links since the old domain name will probably have a higher rank on the search engines. Google and any other search engines where the domain has been registered should be updated...
Lift your worries up to Adonai; Everything in life depends on Adonai! - Adonai by Brian 'Head' Welch

Tom

• Station Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • fuel radio
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 04:02:33 AM »
Not sure the exact day but it will be around next November/December...
-C.S. Lewis

Tom

• Station Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • fuel radio
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 05:10:19 AM »
Yeah, this is NOT something I wanted to do but the owners of the .fm as well as some other specialty domains has tripled and quadrupled their prices without any notice. This is just not a fee that I see benefitting us. We are paid through until next year and then we will cancel our .fm domain. This should give us plenty of time to get everything changed over. I am truly sorry for any inconveniences but this is a necessary change. Thanks for all of your love and support.. we really do have the best listeners!!!
-C.S. Lewis

Todd

• Platinum
  • Proof that Christ is a Hockey Fan!!!
    • View Profile
    • Hampton Roads Center for Civic Engagement
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 02:54:19 PM »
No T-shirts left so no impact there.  No flyers or business cards made up either, so still ok there. 

I will have to remove the big window decal on my car and throw out my old t-shirts, but that's ok gives me a reason to make new ones. :0
Fuel Radio - playing Christian metal so heavy it will crush the evil out of the Devil.

Tom

• Station Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • fuel radio
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 03:30:17 PM »
Yeah.. I plan on getting some business cards made up and we will have to collaborate on some T-Shirts for both Fuel and D2S...
-C.S. Lewis